The CAPM&R is accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada to provide continuing professional development (CPD), and to accredit and co-develop group learning events and self-assessment programs with other physician and non-physician organizations.
The CPD Accreditation Committee of the CAPM&R is responsible for maintaining the accreditation status of the CAPM&R, and accrediting group learning events and self-assessment programs.
Click on the following links to access:
- Section 3 Accreditation Form
- Section 3 Accredited Simulation Activities Application Form
- Co-Development Guide
- Co-development Accredited Symposium Application Form
Top 6 reasons to host an Accredited Symposia:
- Accredited Symposia are an essential part of the official program of the CAPM&R extending delegates’ educational experience. You are invited to participate in the programming by partnering with the CAPM&R to create an exceptional Accredited Symposium.
- Educate a national physiatry audience.
- Transfer knowledge from research to practice.
- Bring key though leaders to the forefront.
- Reach key decision makers.
- Provide an opportunity for interaction and feedback among peers; and
- Opportunity for exposure to the physiatry community as a provider of CPD opportunities.
Easy step by step process for Co-Development
1. Submit Accredited Symposia Fee Payment, and Request Form:
- Request Forms for accredited symposia will be accepted by January 8. www.surveymonkey.com/r/ASAFcapmr
- Full payment of the accredited symposium fee and submission of the Request Form must be made on or before January 31.
- Accredited Symposia Request Forms submitted with incomplete mandatory requirements will be returned to the applicant. This may impact the preferred time slot and topic choice.
- Detailed topics and all industry sponsors must be identified on the request form before the accredited symposium can be assigned a time slot.
- Any significant changes to the topic and or sponsors after submission of the request form may result in a change of time slot allocation.
2. Receive Allocation of Accredited Symposium Time Slot:
Accredited symposia time slots are assigned based on the following criteria:
- Topic and CCC program balance;
- Sponsorship level;
- Date accredited symposium fee and Request Form are received.
- Diamond Level supporters have priority selection of an accredited symposium time slot.
- Accredited symposia submissions will be reviewed for topic overlap and assigned time slots to avoid duplication. Applicants who request the same time slot and submit similar topics will be assigned, wherever possible, to one of the alternate time slots requested. Accredited symposia with similar topics will not be assigned time slots on the same day.
- Applicants will be notified in writing of acceptance of program outline(s), with confirmation of assigned date and time on January 31.
- Applicants must adhere to the awarded time slot, which includes all presentation time and time for any other informal activities.
3. Developing Accredited Content:
Receive Assignment of CAPM&R Representative to the Planning Committee:
- A CAPM&R Representative will be assigned to sit on the Planning Committee within one week of receipt of the Accredited Symposium Request Form: www.surveymonkey.com/r/ASAFcapmr . Content development must not be started prior to the assignment of a CAPM&R Representative.
- The CAPM&R Representative is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the content development and reviews all final presentations to ensure that the program is balanced, objective and free from commercial bias.
- CAPM&R Representatives may not be presenters at the symposium.
4. Submit Section 1 Accreditation Form, Section 3 Accredited Simulation Activities Application Form or the Section 3 Accreditation Form and Supporting Documentation
- All accredited symposia developers must obtain MOC Section 1 accreditation for their accredited symposium from CAPM&R.
- Accreditation application forms must be submitted by January 8. Incomplete accreditation application forms may result in a delay of the approval process.
- Applicants will receive notification of Section 1 accreditation by January 16.
- Presentation slides must be provided to the CAPM&R Representative for review 30 days in advance of the Conference.
- During the conference, audits of the accredited symposium will be conducted to ensure that the Royal College standards are adhered to and that there is no perceived or actual commercial bias.
5. Submit Honorarium Forms and Disbursement Forms for Invoicing:
- Honorarium forms must be completed for all honoraria recipients.
- Honoraria Disbursement forms must be completed by all symposium co-developers to allow proper administration of the honoraria payments.
- The Honoraria and Honoraria Disbursement forms are due 7 days prior to the conference.
- The CAPM&R will review all Honoraria and Honoraria Disbursement forms and process an invoice for payment.
- In order to provide the recipients’ honoraria prior to the Conference, the honoraria invoice payments must be paid 30 days at the close of the conference..
- Please review the Policy for Honorarium Payments for Accredited Symposia
6. Certificates of Attendance:
Certificates of attendance do not need to be provided at accredited symposia. The credits attained by participants for attending the accredited symposia are incorporated into the overall certificate of attendance for conference.
7. Submit Participants’ Lists and Evaluation Summaries:
In accordance with Royal College accreditation standards, accredited symposia developers must submit the following to the CAPM&R by August 1:
- a list of participants;
- final copies of the promotional items (invitations, syllabuses) distributed to the participants.