Updated February 18, 2021
Rationale and Purpose
The purpose of the SCI SIG is to promote the most effective and evidence-based treatment for persons with SCI. The goal of the SIG is to disseminate updates and new information and treatment, to promote improved practices, to disseminate research by members, and to promote a quality improvement approach to care which will ultimately improve patient outcomes.
- Increase awareness of the role of rehabilitation and the management of SCI
- Increase awareness in the needs to improve patient outcomes and outcome measures in patients with SCI
- Promote quality improvement approaches in SCI care
- Spread awareness of relevant research updates in SCI Rehab
- Promote education of trainees and practitioners in SCI Rehab
Structure and Working Plan
- There will be a SIG Chair chosen by its members.
- The SIG will develop one educational offering per year which may be accompanied by a business meeting.
- Each SIG will provide a brief report of its work over the year to be included with the annual meeting information.