Date: April 20, 2021
Rationale and Purpose
The purpose of the Quality Improvement and Patient Safety (QIPS) SIG is to support and promote QIPS work by physiatrists across Canada, to improve the quality and safety of care delivered to all rehab patient populations and improve patient outcomes. This includes:
- Providing opportunities for networking and collaboration between physiatrists with an interest in QIPS
- Supporting QI education, training, mentorship and scholarly output amongst PM&R trainees and practitioners
- Advocating for
- Recognition of achievement in QIPS as scholarly output;
- A system of ethics review that is appropriate for QIPS scholarship, and
- QIPS curriculum development within PM&R residency training programs across Canada.
Structure and Working Plan
- There will be a SIG Chair chosen by its members.
- The SIG will develop one educational offering per year which may be accompanied by a business meeting.
- Each SIG will provide a brief report of its work over the year to be included with the annual meeting information.