Revised February 7, 2021
Rationale and Purpose
The purpose of the Amputee SIG is to promote the most effective and evidence- based treatment for persons with limb amputation. The goal of the SIG is to disseminate updates and new information and treatment, to promote improved practices, to disseminate research by members, and to promote a quality improvement approach to care which will ultimately improve patient outcomes.
- Increase awareness of the role of rehabilitation and the management of amputees.
- Increase awareness in the needs to improve patient outcomes and outcome measures in patients with limb amputation.
- Promote quality improvement approaches in amputees’ care.
- Spread awareness of relevant research updates in amputee rehabilitation, related outcomes and prosthetic components.
- Promote education of trainees and practitioners in amputee rehabilitation.
Structure and Working Plan
- There will be a SIG Chair chosen by its members.
- The SIG will develop at least one educational offering per year which may be accompanied by a business meeting.
- Each SIG will provide a brief report fits workover the year to be included with the annual meeting information.