The CAPM&R has a number of Special Interest Groups (SIG), each run by a volunteer Chair.
The CAPM&R recognizes Special Interest Groups (SIGs) as valuable to the promotion of the profession, from enhancing quality of care and standards of practice, to developing knowledge and competency through sharing amongst peers and organize continuing professional development (during the annual scientific meeting or webinars). Special Interest Groups are comprised of Members who have a common concern for professional development in a defined area of PMR, education, administration or research.
SIGs provide a valuable venue for our members to network with other colleagues with similar interests, to provide a forum to discuss issues concerning relevant topics to the SIGS, and work towards goals that will benefit the membership. Outcomes of the SIGS have include annual innovative meetings, invited speakers at the national PAS Meeting, development of research awards, topic-specific manuals, collaborative and/or research projects.
- Amputee - Chair: Amanda Mayo
- Community - Chair: Tim Lapp
- International - Chair: Sivakumar Gulasingam
- Interventional - Char: Vacant
- Medical Education - Chair: Ricardo Viana
- Medical Legal - Chair: Ed Hanada
- Neuromuscular - Chair: Larry Robinson
- Pain Management - Chair: Dinesh Kumbhare
- Pediatric - Chair: David Berbrayer
- Quality Improvement & Patient Safety - Chairs: Dr. Alexander Lo & Dr. Chris Fortin
- Spinal Cord Injury - Chair: Colleen McGillivray
- Stroke - Chair: Sean Dukelow & Heather MacNeill
- Traumatic Brain Injury - Chair: Julio Furlan
- Subject Area/Interest
- Short Description
- Terms of Reference (includes Purpose, Goals, Objectives, Activities, Governance structure (Elections/terms) etc...)
- Number of meetings per year and purpose of meeting.
- Any projects, either in progress, past, or proposed
- Contact information for leads, and members of the group.
As an endorsed Special Interest Group, CAPM&R will provide the following:
- Access to meeting space at the Annaul Scientific Meet or if applicable, at single topic conference or webinar. (providing the SIG submits the information prior to the program deadline).
- A listing and description on the CAPM&R website
- Facilitate SIG communication among its membership.