The purpose of the International Rehabilitation Award for International Physiatrists is to provide funds to an International physiatrist to help finance the cost of educational opportunities within Canada.
- To provide educational funding assistance for an international physiatrist wishing to obtain PM&R medical education in Canada.
- To promote knowledge dissemination of PM&R in Canada at an international level;
- To develop international collaborations in the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation;
- An international physiatrist in good standing may apply to the CAPM&R for funding.
- The funding year is September 1 to August 31. The application deadline is May 1 of each year prior to the funding period. Applications received after this date will NOT be accepted.
- The applications shall be reviewed by the International Rehabilitation Special Interest Group and the Awardee shall be selected by the Executive Committee. Applicants will be notified in writing of their status. The decision of the committee is final.
- The International Rehabilitation Award for International Physiatrists will not make an award to the same applicant more than once.
- The applicant forfeits the award if not used before September 30 of the year following the notification of funding.
- One award of up to maximum of $1000 will be awarded for the period September 1 to August 31, in the "year" the funding was awarded.
- A completed evaluation and summary of the visit, summarizing the outcome is required. The summary should highlight the benefits to the recipient and to their community that was served. The receipts and summary must be submitted for reimbursement to the executive director of CAPM&R within 30 days of the visit.
- The award is supported by the CPRDF.